Worship is the heart of our community. In Psalm 100:4, we are called to “Enter God’s gates with Thanksgiving, and God’s courts with praise.” We answer this call by coming together every Sunday in music, prayer, and sharing in the Good News.
Fall-Winter-Spring Schedule: Begins September 1
For Children and Families
A warm welcome to all our children!
- Nursery care for children younger than 4 years old is available in Room 100 with Ana and Bereneta beginning at 9:30 a.m. through worship and the hospitality hour.
- For children in preschool through sixth grade, Sunday School is offered during worship, except for major church holidays, such as Easter and Christmas. Children begin in worship and will be invited forward for the Time with Children and then will be dismissed to Sunday School:
- Our Lower Elementary Class (preschool–first grade) meets in Room 200.
- The Upper Elementary Class (second– sixth grade) meets next door in Room 202.
- Please arrange to meet your child in Room 200 or Room 202 following the service.
Nursery opens, providing childcare for infants through age 4.
9:45am Adult Education and Activities
Free Inquiry Adult Class. This discussion oriented adult Sunday School class focuses on tackling the role of Christianity in contemporary issues. Meets in the upstairs Conference Room, 219.
Choir Practice in the Choir Room. We have an open choir–no try-outs necessary to add your voice to the mix! Anyone who comes to choir practice Sunday morning sings in the choir that day.
11:00am Worship and Children’s Sunday School
Worship begins in the sanctuary. Children start worship in the sanctuary, then depart for Sunday school classes after the children’s sermon.
Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of the month.
First Sunday Prayer Ministry
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. – Philippians 4:6
The Deacons are called to a ministry of compassion, witness and service, sharing in the redeeming love of Jesus Christ. At Western, we are beginning a new personal prayer ministry to support your joys and concerns. Two Deacons will be available in the narthex/lobby after Communion on the first Sunday of each month to pray with you individually, and to partner in an important spiritual practice of seeking comfort in God’s mercy. Please join us as you feel called to embrace healing love and as we, together, connect to God.
Hospitality Hour begins after worship in the Courtyard Room.
Families are encouraged to bring refreshments to share, using this schedule according to the first letter of your last name:
- First Sunday: A-G
- Second Sunday: H-M
- Third Sunday: N-S
- Fourth Sunday: T-Z
- Fifth Sunday: Deacons